Senior Software Engineer
What is Keriton and what is Keriton Kare? We are a feeding management SaaS platform for hospitals which governs the workflow of infant feeding for inpatient NICU and PICU patients. These are the most critical patients in a hospital system as they can be premature – as small as 22 weeks gestational age and less than 2.5 lbs – or have severe illnesses where nutrition is of the utmost importance.
Keriton is growing due to recent venture funding and large customer awards. We need to add to our engineering team to refine our current platform and build out the next generation of services within the hospital and beyond.
The ideal candidates are passionate engineers who want to operate in a fast-paced environment creating innovative solutions in the healthtech space. All team members ‘get their hands dirty’ and opportunities will present themselves for leadership, if desired. The Software Engineer will be an integral part of each phase of the software development life cycle and will be responsible for working with technical architects, product owners, and other engineers to solve challenging problems. While experience with the defined technologies is important, the ability to research and find solutions efficiently is critical.
Keriton supports a hybrid work environment, with technical resources being asked to join us in our Center City Philly office at least 2 days/week.
Keriton is: small, growing, flexible, SaaS, neonatal, feeding, mobile, API, postgresql, containerized, JS, Java, iOS/Android, Node
- Design and develop secure APIs to support our web and mobile applications
- Working in a collaborative development environment with a fast-paced team
- Assist in DevOps pipelines to improve our delivery time and quality
- Contribute to application architecture and performance discussions
- 5+ years of IT development experience
- Experience with Node.js, Java and / or other backend programming technologies
- Ability to learn, and implement new technologies efficiently
- Ability to think independently while working and communicating your ideas with the team
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working on large scale applications
- Experience with databases
- Experience with cloud development and architecture using containers
- Experience optimizing and tuning application performance
- Application security experience
- Medical record integration experience